2020 has been a year of tremendous growth for the Center. The following are the major activities we achieved this year:
1. Membership – number of members increased to 150 registered members.
2. Library- the Library opened its doors to all users in February 2020. It has since served a daily average of 50 students and adults. A Campaign for more books was very successful.
3. Food donations- measures by the Government to curb the spread of the Corona Virus came with hard economic times. In an attempt to ease the effects, our Center with the help of local and international donors was able to support about 600 families in the whole of Mathare Constituency.
4. Jijenge Fund- this was a business support program that sort to provide interest free loans to businesses. A total of Ksh. 80,000 was borrowed to youth groups, individual youths, women, and men.
5. Computer Training Program- with the support of international donors, we were able to introduce a computer training program in the month of July that has achieved training a pioneer class of 14 young people.
6. Mentoring program- we have carried out about four mentorship talks in the year. The topics covered included: career journey, teenage and parents challenges, personal development, among others.
7. Sports and Games – several indoor games have been acquired including Chess, Darts, etc.